20. Beastie Boys- Sabatage...I remember my friends and I made our own version of the video
19. Zac Brown Band- Chicken Fried...I remember seeing the video before they were big and I got the song and started playing it at the Loose Moose before they were famous.
18. L L Cool J- I'm Bad...One of my favorite rappers of all time!
17. Johnny Cash- Ring of Fire...The man in black had to make my list
16. Trisha Yearwood- She's In Love With the Boy...It's about Katie and Tommy, kinda the story of my life
15. Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars- Uptown Funk...I'm too hot, make a dragon wanna retire man.
14. Luke Bryan- We Rode In Trucks...Now that I have a truck, I know what Luke is talkin' about
13. Ice Cube- Today Was A Good Day..Ice Cube and I are one in the same, get me on the court and I'm trouble, last week messed around and got a triple double
12. Justin Timberlake- SexyBack...I'm bringin' sexy back...YEP
11. Brett Eldridge- Mean to Me...Just a solid love song and makes me go sigh
10. Taylor Swift- Anything...I hate to admit it but I am a bit of a Swifty
9. Duran Duran- Hungry Like the Wolf... My best song on rock band among other reasons
8. Usher ft. Lil Jon- Yeah...This is a crowd favorite always
7. Dr. Dre and Tupac- California Love...The video alone puts it on my list, but I'm a big west coast rap fan
6. Ben E King- Stand By Me...As much for the song as the movie, I love that Verno brought a comb.
5. Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince- Summertime...Classic summer jam
4. Jackson 5- I Want You Back...One of my all time favorites and a must play at any wedding
3. Eminem ft. Dido...Stan...Easily my favorite rap song of all time
2. Guns 'N Roses- Paradise City...Classic 80's hair band. I remember painting a mural during homecoming week saying "Win one for Axl" and now its my son Connor's nap song
1. Brad Paisley-Then...It was my wedding song so it has to be #1
I guess I got my start djing when I was around 9 years old. That is when my mom would make me run up and down the stairs to change a record for her. Whether is was her favorites, like Sha Na Na or some classic Motown, I grew up playing music and loving music. Fast forward several years later, my love of music turned into a passion and a new job, djing. I started out a as roadie for my best friend, tagging along with him to weddings he djed. After a while I began to think, hey I could do this. After long hours of practice, practice, and more practice, I started my professional dj career at the Loose Moose Saloon in Baldwin.
Fast forward to today, I have done over 200 weddings and countless events in my over 13 years experience djing. I have been voted as "Best of Weddings" 4 times on theknot.com (2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017). I am also in theknot.com Hall of Fame for "Best of Weddings." Book me for your wedding or next party, I promise I will not disappoint.
For more information about me and my services, please check out my profile on www.theknot.com and search for Tom Barnes aka DJ Tooth to see reviews from past events.